ADMISSIONS POLICY FOR KINDERGARTEN APPLICATIONS SCHOOL YEAR 2024-2025
See Application Requirements
Application Period: September 15 - October 27, 2023
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 7:45 AM – 3:00 PM ( No lunch break )
Application and Testing Fee: Php 1,400.00 (Non-Refundable)
- All applicants to Xavier Kindergarten are required to go through the admissions screening process. The purpose of the admissions screening process is to determine whether or not the Early Education Program of Xavier School will be suitable and beneficial to the applicant.
- Parents will be informed of application results, but details of the actual test scores will remain confidential.
- The applicant should have ideally completed at least one (1) academic year from a preschool prior to his admission at Xavier School.
- All documents required for submission must be complete and correct otherwise the application will not be accepted.
- A boy is evaluated based on his own merits. The following areas will be considered in the screening of the applicant:
a. Attention Span - “Can he sit through a 15-30 minute task?”
b. Interpersonal Skills - “Can he get along with others?”
c. Communication Skills in English and Filipino:
· Comprehension - “Can he understand what is asked of him?
· Expression - “Can he articulate his needs?”
· Competence - “Can he understand and follow directions/instructions?”
d. Self-Discipline - “Can he finish a given task on his own?”
e. Stress Tolerance - “Can he participate actively in group activities even under the normal pressure of multiple instructions and activities?”
f. Basic Literacy and Numeracy – “Does he know letters, numbers, and basic shapes?”
- The school also takes the following into account:
a. willingness of the parents to collaborate actively with the school in the education and formation of the student (which includes the parents’ acceptance of and compliance with school policies);
b. willingness of the applicant and his parents to be involved in important school activities;
c. extent to which the applicant’s family is open to and supportive of the Catholic values espoused by the school.
Only applicants who are born from July 01, 2018 to August 31, 2019 (between ages 5 years to 6 years
old by August 2024) will be allowed to undergo the admissions screening process.
- The applicant must have completed the following immunizations:
· DtaP : At least 4 doses. The last dose must be given on or after the 4th birthday.
· MMR : 2 doses
· Varicella : 2 doses with the last dose on or after the 4th birthday or verification of disease.
- Vision and Hearing Screening Test
- Application Form
- Original Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate if baptized in the Roman Catholic Church (original and photocopy)
- Three (3) copies of recent identical 1.5 X 1.5 photos in white background to be pasted on the following:
a. Application Form (1 copy)
b. Test Permit
c. Health Record Form
- Two (2) copies of recent identical Family Picture in size 4R to be pasted on the application forms. Note: Only immediate family members should be in the picture. The people in the picture should be wearing decent clothing and should NOT be wearing caps and sunglasses.
- Xavier School Recommendation Form
- Health Record Form - including the Vision and Hearing Screening test results
- Photocopy of the grades in the First Month/Quarter/Semester of the current school year. Note: If the report card/progress is not yet available, a Certificate of Enrollment with a statement of the date of the release of the report card/progress report from the school may be initially submitted.
- Data Privacy Consent Forms
Additional Requirements for Naturalized Filipino, Dual Citizen, and Non-Filipino Applicants:
For Naturalized Filipinos:
Naturalization Identification Certificate (NIC) (Original and Photocopy)
For Resident Foreign Applicants:
(Original and Photocopy)
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)
- Valid Foreign Passport
- Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV)
For Dual Citizens or applicants who were born abroad:
(Original and Photocopy)
- Identification Certificate of Recognition (ICR)
- Bureau of Immigration Order
- Report of Birth from the Foreign Services of the Philippines – Philippine Consulate
- Valid Foreign Passport
- Valid Philippine Passport
The final Report Card/Evaluation Report must be authenticated (Red Ribbon/Apostille) by the Philippine Embassy of the country of origin as part of the enrollment requirement.
- Go to School Automate Xavier School Portal at
a. Click on New User? Click here to Register.
b. Choose Basic Ed (up to Grade 10). Then click Proceed Next
c. Click New then click Register
d. Choose KINDER For Grade Level. The screen will automatically go to the next section.
e. Kindly fill out all the General Student Personal Information Sheet (GSPIS). Then click on the button Click to Create Basic Information.
f. Complete the System Login Information. Please take note of the Temporary Student Number and Password. You will need this information to access this portal for your transactions in Xavier School.
- Download and print the following forms on long bond paper (8.5 X13 inches) to ensure that all important information are printed clearly and completely.
a. Accomplished General Student Personal Information Sheet (GSPIS): This form will serve as your application form.
b. Health Record Form: The Health Record Form should be filled out by your physician and specialists for the vision and hearing screening tests and for children with special medical conditions.
c. Data Privacy Agreement Forms: include in the app form; The forms should be signed by the parents to signify their having read and understood the contents of the documents.
d. Recommendation Form: Recommendation Form should be filled out by the school head or teacher of your child’s current school. Please forward the printed form to the school head or teacher of your son and request him/her to email the accomplished form to email@example.com.
- Upload the scanned copies of the following documents on the Admissions Upload Facility :
a. Application Form, i.e., printed GSPIS from School Automate (This should include a family picture and for non-Catholics, a signature on the waiver form.)
b. PSA Birth Certificate
c. Report Card/Progress Report for the First Month/Quarter/Semester of the current school year
d. Baptismal Certificate if baptized in the Roman Catholic Church (original and photocopy)
e. Student Health Record Form
f. Data Privacy Agreement Forms
- Instruction regarding the payment of the application and testing fees will be emailed to the parents of the applicant upon verification of the submitted application documents.
- You may check the progress of your son’s application on School Automate Xavier School Portal: ADMISSION STATUS
- The schedule of the admission test and the test permit will be emailed to the parents of the applicant.
- Review the guidelines and procedures on the test permit.
- Acknowledge receipt of the test permit.
- All tests will be done onsite.
- Testing may be rescheduled only if:
a. the applicant is sick (a medical certificate from the attending physician is required);
b. there is death in the family; or
c. Xavier School calls off classes/offices due to inclement weather or other unforeseen
Application results will be emailed to the parents of the applicant. Results will not be released over the telephone.
Xavier School reserves the right to withhold information regarding actual test scores of your child and that the test administered is solely for the use of Xavier School admission purposes.
ENROLLMENT RESERVATION (FOR ACCEPTED APPLICANTS)
For applicants who have been accepted, the parents are required to pay a reservation fee, which signifies their intention to enroll their son in Xavier School. The acceptance letter will include instructions on how to make the reservation and other pertinent details.
For concerns regarding this, please contact the School Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
SECTION ASSIGNMENTS FOR ACCEPTED APPLICANTS
- The school reserves the right to assign accepted applicants to either a morning or an afternoon session. Priority for the morning session will be given to accepted applicants with older brothers studying in Xavier School.
- The section assignments will be posted during the Parents’ Orientation in June 2024.
- Please read thoroughly the Admissions Policy and Procedure before starting the online application to ensure a smooth application process.
- Please find instructions on how to create pdf documents:
- Please start the online application through this link:
FOR OTHER CONCERNS:
You may contact us at:
Call: (02) 8723-0481 locals 1701, 1702, 1703, or 1708.
The Xavier School Educational and Trust Fund, Inc. (XSETF) was set up in 1966 to grant financial aid to deserving students, on the principle that “No student who is otherwise qualified, shall be
deprived of a Xavier education solely for financial reasons.” The Grant-in-Aid Program of the XSETF offers financially challenged but otherwise qualified students the opportunity of quality education that Xavier School offers.
Who are Qualified to Avail of the Grant-In-Aid (GIA) Program?
1. Applicant’s family cannot afford Xavier School education for financial reasons
2. Applicant who passes the admissions process of Xavier School
3. Applicants for Grades 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 must have Chinese studies (Mandarin) background
How does One Avail of the Grant/Scholarship?
1. The applicant who received an OUTRIGHT acceptance to Xavier School may secure the necessary forms from the XSETF Grant-In-Aid Office or download these at the website of the school.
2. The parents of the applicant will be interviewed regarding the child’s application for the grant.
3. Home Visit and/or In-Depth Interview will be conducted
What are the Conditions for the Approval of the Grant/Scholarship?
1. The applicant has received an OUTRIGHT acceptance to Xavier School after the admissions process.
2. The family has provided accurate data in the GIA application forms and submitted all the documentary requirements
3. The approved grant apply only for the specific school year applied for.
For further inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 87230481 local 1705.