On September 1, 2020, World Education Week opened its registration for a rare online educational event that will take place from October 5–9, 2020.
World Education Week is an effort by 30 civil society organizations coming together after the record breaking T4 conference on May 30, 2020 that was attended by over 100,000 teachers. The upcoming event this October, with the theme “Learning Today,” will be an online global showcase of 100 handpicked schools that will share their expertise and best practices in pursuit of the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 Quality Education. The following themes will also be covered throughout the event: building programmes to enhance employability, entrepreneurship and life skills, the use of technology, promoting the science of learning and teaching, deepening family and community engagement, focusing on wellbeing.
Xavier School was selected to be one of the 100 schools to participate in World Education Week. As one of the global showcase schools that will share its experiences and expertise, Xavier school will focus on the theme of the use of technology, particularly in the context of the school’s transition into the Xavier School E-Learning (XSEL) platform.
The Xavier School global showcase, entitled “Connected Learning: Leveraging Pedagogy, Relationship, and Technology for Education in a Pandemic,” will be held on October 7, 2020, from 3:00–4:00 p.m. (Philippine standard time).
The keynote speakers for the Xavier showcase are Mrs. Jane Cacacho, Grade School Principal; Mr. Jim Tuscano, Grade School EdTech Coordinator; Mrs. Ma. Theresa Ladrido, High School Principal; and Mr. Christian Bumatayo, High School EdTech Coordinator.
The online events of participating schools will be hosted from the World Education Week website, and registration is ongoing.
These are the steps for registering:
1. Log in your Eventbrite account or create a new one (it’s free!).
2. Follow T4 Education on Eventbrite.
3. Select “Register.”
4. Scroll through and read all event overviews (they are listed in date and GMT-time order). You can check your local time on timeanddate.com.
5. Add a ticket for each event you would like to attend (registering for multiple events at once is quicker than registering separately).
6. Select “Register.”’
7. Complete the checkout information and select “Register.”
8. Please check your email account for an email from Eventbrite – add that email to your contacts to try to ensure future emails do not get sent to your junk mail folder.
9. If you have a smartphone, you can also install the Eventbrite app and have notifications switched on. This means you will always have access to the events you have registered for.
Tell your friends, family, and networks that you have registered to attend #WorldEduWeek
Xavier School invites everyone to join World Education Week and maximize learning about the best practices of schools all over the world! More information about the event will be shared on Xavier School’s social media accounts in the coming weeks.
Watch this video: Announcing the Global Showcase of Schools for World Education Week